The trail consists of 3 sections that need to be completed. These sections will be worked on at the same time and opened when completed.
Section 1 Mosgiel-Abbotsford including the Chain hills Tunnel
Budget $300 000
Expected completion November 2017
- provision of easements through neighbouring properties
- surface preparation,, clearing, repairing of surface and gravel
- provision of lighting in the tunnel and trail signage
- provision of signage and on-road cycle route Mosgiel-Wingatui
Section 2 Abbotsford-Burnside
Budget $200 000
Expected completion November 2018
- negotiation with KiwiRail of use of current railway corridor for the trail
- trail surface preparation, gravel application
- trail signage
Section 3 Burnside-Caversham including the currently disused Caversham railway tunnel
Budget $250 000
Expected completion January 2019
- negotiation with DCC on tunnel use
- remedial works to tunnel entrances
- provision of lighting in the tunnel
- provision of signage
- surface preparation, clearing vegetation, repairing trail surface and gravel application
!!!We need your help!!!
You can help by offer your time, services or by donating.
This project is funded solely by donations and all work is done on a voluntary basis.
Do you support the trail and want to see it happen? Then we need your help!!!
Donate via Givealittle